10 August 2021
Why should you use WhatsApp Business for customer service?
Businesses in e-commerce and consumer-focused services have realized the importance of being able to deliver excellent customer care to their customers, regardless of the channel they use. This multichannel approach has proven to be a very successful one, as companies all around the world are embracing the idea of having a presence on social media, and communicating with customers via those channels are beneficial for customer satisfaction. WhatsApp Business for customer service is one of those channels in 2021.
Companies nowadays are no longer free to choose the channels they want to provide support to their customers through. They must be accessible and reachable on every channel out there, not just the traditional ones like e-mail and phone. Customer satisfaction has become impossible to achieve without the use of instant messaging apps like WhatsApp. So, let’s look at why you should integrate the world’s most popular messaging app into your own customer service toolkit.
What is WhatsApp for Business?
Many businesses had previously incorporated WhatsApp into their daily operations even before WhatsApp Business was a thing. As a result, the commercial versions of WhatsApp came into existence, namely the WhatsApp Business App and the WhatsApp Business API, to help businesses better communicate with their existing and prospective customers.
The use of WhatsApp has been very beneficial for both businesses and customers. TechCrunch reported back in 2018 that over 3 million businesses had integrated WhatsApp Business into their marketing and support departments.
There are two main components to WhatsApp Business: the app itself and the API.
- WhatsApp for Business app: This is your regular WhatsApp app that you install on your phone, but instead it’s tied to your business account and it allows a limited number of conversations and a single operator. Its capabilities are restricted to one device to communicate with your customers and it’s geared to small to medium-sized businesses like your regular brick-and-mortar shops.
- WhatsApp for Business API: The WhatsApp Business API is better suited for large enterprises with a high volume of messages going in and out. It also includes additional business-specific features and it offers businesses to verify with WhatsApp to help businesses build client trust. It also accommodates an unlimited number of devices and users, as well as numerous teams and user access. However, it can’t be operated through an app since it is an API endpoint and it needs to be integrated with a software suite and a WhatsApp provider like Desk360 to operate.
The benefits of using WhatsApp for Business for customer service
WhatsApp Business is a service that connects companies and customers in a simple and easy manner. Customer service isn’t just about simply solving problems; it’s also about keeping consumers informed about new products/services and building long-term relationships with them. Here are a few reasons why you should integrate WhatsApp Business into your customer service process:
- You can change the look and feel of your WhatsApp business profile to reflect your brand to establish brand recognition.
- Personalization is made simpler by linking the API to a support platform like Desk360, so replying to customer messages is easy as pie with WhatsApp Business. Customer details like purchase history, location, and the type of support discussions can be used to deliver personalized and direct messaging.
- Instead of searching for alternative support channels, users can leverage WhatsApp to reach out to a business right away. This is especially beneficial for making your users know that you’re always accessible.
- Customers are delighted to interact with businesses using the messaging platform that they are most familiar with and utilize in their daily lives. With over 2 billion users around the world, this is hardly surprising.
- Perhaps the biggest upside is that it makes communication incredibly easy for both parties. Customers can enjoy the asynchronous aspect of it (thus feel no hurry or inconvenience) and businesses can consolidate every department to eliminate siloing and provide the best and fastest support experience to every single customer.
- Integrating an ML-driven chatbot is very easy with WhatsApp. As we’ve discussed in a previous blog, chatbot assistants, according to Gartner, cut phone, chat, and email queries by 70%. They are beneficial to companies in all verticals in more ways than one. When combined with the reach of WhatsApp, chatbots make things even easier and faster for both customers and businesses.
Check out what you can do with Desk360’s WhatsApp Business API
In short, once you determine which way to go with WhatsApp Business for customer service, there are no wrong choices. Using WhatsApp Business for customer service offers immense benefits for your company’s long-term customer retention and brand loyalty. Times are changing, and nowadays personalization and convenience are everything to the modern customer. This is the primary reason why you should add WhatsApp to your customer service toolkit.
If you’re in need of a helpdesk solution and a WhatsApp Business account provider, you’re at the right place. Desk360 is a seasoned CRM provider that can meet your company’s every need and can supply you with a reputable WhatsApp Business account if you’re in search of one. To learn more, head on over to our website to check out our feature list. You can also drop us a line at email@example.com if you have any questions.